Apparent bug in current version of JDBC thin driver

From: Paul Vallee <paulvallee_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 14:06:22 -0400

Hello everybody,

Working with a client we've discovered an as-yet unpublished and data-corrupting bug in the current release of the Oracle thin JDBC driver (10.1.0.4).

We're tired of waiting for Oracle to provide a fix or barring that at least doing the right thing and publishing the bug so that others don't have to go through what we did, so we're going public with our bug report and test case.

There is a workaround, but unfortunately the workaround is S L O W: set batch sizes and commit points to 1.

In the meantime, we suggest a better option is to get your hands on the 10.1.0.3 version of the driver.

You can read more about the bug and download the testcase at the page I've prepared about it here:
http://www.pythian.com/news/papers/JDBCBug.html.

Cheers,
Paul

--