dbms_stats + no_invalidates

From: The Human Fly <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2005 15:37:44 +0300

Hello list,

Coming to the point, when we modify or delete statistics using dbms_stats for any given table/s, all dependent cursors becomes invalid and re-parsed once they are accessed. using no_invalidate=>true with dbms_stats, we can bypass this behaviour. My question is, when we use this parameter not to invalidate all dependent cursors of given table, then, when would be the new statsitics are in using with this dependent cursors? In metalink Note:272479.1, it mentioned that, from oracle 10g onwards, we can using value for this parameter DBMS_STATS.AUTO_INVALIDATE value, leaving on optimizer when to use newly collected statistics. Is there any work around in oracle 9i?

--
Best Regards,
Jaffar, OCP DBA