RE: database duplication

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 10:21:41 -0400

I am assuming some flavor of 9i or 8.1.7. Having said this; Did you try to do a recover in sqlplus? The command would be; recover database using backup control file until cancel (or until time... or until scn ...);

Did you do a point in time restore? If not, you will definitely need to do the recovery outside of rman.

Do this as / as sysdba or sys/password to avoid any problems with permissions.

Call me if you want! (reply to me only and I will send my phone#); Ruth