ASM (was RE: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...))

From: Kevin Closson <kevinc_at_polyserve.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 12:56:47 -0700

 Metalink Note:277274.1. Period.

	From: John Smiley [mailto:jrsmiley_at_gmail.com]
	Sent: Wednesday, June 22, 2005 1:39 PM
	To: kevinc_at_polyserve.com
	Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
	Subject: Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

	While we're on the topic of ASM, how many are using it in
production today? After hearing the horror stories about how bugs in ASM caused it to basically lose its mind and forget where everything was left me wondering if I'll ever trust this product with my data. Some poor souls followed Oracle's advice and stored their backups in ASM along with their database and lost everything.
	John Smiley
	Technical Management Consultant
	TUSC, Inc.