Re: client connect to 10g instance

From: Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:35:45 -0400

On 6/23/05, Joe Smith <joe_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is this right or has something changed in 10g (10.1.0.3.0). This is on
> RHEL4 x86_64.
>
> I am consisting getting an:
>
> ora-12535 tns: operation timed out
>
> when trying to connect from my client windows machine to the Linux server
> with 10g Ent ed.

I've been seeing alot of that lately.
Is there NAT involved between the client and server? Does the oracle server have multiple network interfaces?

Typically, a 12535 occurs after the redirect is sent to the client. The client can tnsping the listener, but never connects to the dedicated server process that has been spawned for it.

hth.

Paul