ASSM Performance Problems

From: John Smiley <jrsmiley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:59:42 -0600

I keep hearing claims that ASSM suffers performance problems under heavy DML loads, but I can't find a single solid study that proves this. There are a few isolated bugs documented in MetaLink that discuss problems under specific circumstances, but nothing that speaks to a general performance problem. I found one study that claimed to have proven this, but the proof left a lot to be desired. Other than that, all I've found are vague references to "expert studies." Can anyone point me to some solid research that demonstrates the problem?
 Thanks,
 John Smiley
Technical Management Consultant
TUSC, Inc.