Re: non-rolling upgrades

From: John Smiley <jrsmiley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 10:54:37 -0600

Rolling Upgrades Using Oracle Data Guard SQL Apply

If you use logical standby databases, you can use Oracle Data Guard SQL Apply to perform rolling upgrades to upgrade Oracle Database 10*g* release 1 (10.1.0.3 <http://10.1.0.3>) to release 1 (10.1.0.4 <http://10.1.0.4>). During a rolling upgrade, you can run different releases of the Oracle software on the primary and logical standby databases while you upgrade them one at a time. If you do this, you will incur minimal downtime on the primary database.For information and instructions on rolling upgrades with logical standby databases, review document 300479.1, available on the Oracle *MetaLink* Web site: