Re: import table scan

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 07:55:28 -0700

Export/import various tables in separate jobs run in parallel (assuming you have more than one CPU and plenty of spindles). Not sure why you are running a full export as sysdba anyway.

As an extension of the above, if any given table is still "too big", get   the Partitioning Option and break your tables into multiple segments, then exp/imp those in parallel.

You didn't state, but it sounds like you have a lot of LOB storage. There might be some tablespace storage parameters you can tinker with specifically for LOB's, but I'm not aware that there's anything you can do at the exp/imp level to help with them.

--
Mark Bole
http://www.bincomputing.com