RE: Metalink forums - effects of the outsourcing

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_allegientsystems.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 08:57:39 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Vallee
To: rjamya_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Sent: 6/23/2005 8:07 AM
Subject: Re: Metalink forums - effects of the outsourcing

> The thing is, the top people are still all there.

The top prople? You mean guys like Cary Millsap, Anjo Kolk, Scott Heisey, Rama Velpuri, Steve Feuerstein, James Morley and Kyle Haley?

> It now takes a certain type of problem and a certain associated skill
> to navigate support so that you're working with them however. I think

Skill to "navigate support"? Metalink forums are useless. How do you "navigate"
them if they don't respond? I'd use a different word instead of "navigate" but
then Steve would probably ban me for a long period of time. Customers are paying for support and shoudn't be required to learn a support prayer book before they call.

> this is a function of the sheer size of the installed base now vs. 6-8
> years ago.

> Another note... I don't know if I misunderstood, but I don't really
> get the subject line - effect of the outsourcing. Has Oracle
> outsourced anything support-related? I am completely unaware of that
> development if so.

2 or 3 years ago, Oracle moved tech support and large part of development to Bangalore, India. The development center in Bangalore is growing and taking over more and more functions.