Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

From: John Smiley <jrsmiley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:39:14 -0600

While we're on the topic of ASM, how many are using it in production today? After hearing the horror stories about how bugs in ASM caused it to basically lose its mind and forget where everything was left me wondering if I'll ever trust this product with my data. Some poor souls followed Oracle's advice and stored their backups in ASM along with their database and lost everything.
 John Smiley
Technical Management Consultant
TUSC, Inc.