Re: Metalink forums - effects of the outsourcing

From: John Smiley <jrsmiley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 14:31:32 -0600

Ain't it the truth. Unless you've got premimum support and have dedicated support personnel, dealing with support is incredibly frustrating and often a pointless exercise in how to waste valuable time. I swear they must have a script in front of them designed specifically to make you go away so they can close the TAR. I wouldn't even mind the inane questions they ask if they would just read what I wrie! I can't tell you how many times I've responded to one of their questions with "If you'll just refer to the paragraph on this topic earlier in the TAR..."
 I've gotten to the point where I don't even bother with them unless I have a "repeatable test case" for the obscure bug I just hit or I've got days to spend with them with the system down tracking down the problem. In other words, almost never.
 John Smiley
Technical Management Consultant
TUSC, Inc.