Storage configuration

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 06:16:42 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

Thanks Jared and other for giving ideas about Raid Storage for one of EMC SAN. I need some more advice before making any progress with our admin.

We are planning to put 8 production databases , 7 OLTP and 1 Warehouse on to the new SAN. I am thinking that I should get 2 RAID 1+0 LUNs for each database to store Log and Arvhived files respectively and one or two RAID5 for Database files. Any suggestion or corrections based on your environment and expertise. I am open for any change at this moment. The OLTP database sizes are less that 100G and Warehouse database is more than 1TB.

Do I need to get seperate LUN for Log an Archived files for each database. Never worked deeply with any storage configuration and so are not clear on the pros and cons or any issues for having single or multiple LUNs

TIA
Sanjay

Yahoo! Sports

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 22 2005 - 09:21:56 CDT