RAC cold backup

From: Steiner, Randy <RASTEIN_at_NYCT.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 09:01:10 -0400

Is anyone doing a cold backup on a grid? If so, how are you shutting down the database in the rman script? Putting Shutdown in the script only stops one instance. The best I can come up with is to run srvctl stop database before the script.

I have a data warehouse with no archive logs, so an online backup is out.

Thanks
Randy