RE: Purge RMAN backups from old repository

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 07:51:24 -0400

Vitalis,

But he didn't ask about that. He said he migrated the database to 10g and needed to delete the database from the 9i Rman repository. Since he migrated to 10g, then the 9i backups are toast anyway.

Most media managers have the ability to drop backups via other commands. But, again, he probably will use the same tapes for the 10g backups.

Tom