Re: 64 node Oracle RAC Cluster (The reality of...)

From: John Smiley <jrsmiley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 17:45:25 -0600

To quote my favorite TV show, "The truth is out there". Just don't look for it in their documentation or marketing.
 Although RAC is not all that it could be, there are quite a few who use it to good advantage. The biggest production RAC environment that I know of (in terms of nodes in the cluster) is 48 - currently supported by some of the most talented DBAs on the planet at a well known online retailer.  John Smiley
Technical Management Consultant
TUSC, Inc.