Re: truncating log file

From: Sunil Bhola <oraclebhola_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 06:41:00 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Onkar,

to empty a file in Unix/Windows

Run this "safe" command on unix:
> alert_db.log
> listener_db.log

On Windows you can just run:
echo "" > alert_db.log

But always remember to make the copy of log file.. for diagnosis purpose.

Regards,
Sunil Bhola

Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

Few days ago I had seen one mail containing the method of truncating a log file and setting its size to say few megs without opening it on windows 2000 but now I don remember the command. If anyone can either forward that mail and pass me the command , will be obliged.

--
Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath
       onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com