Re: OT: Apress eBook Discount $10 till June 30 (LIE)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 05:59:14 +0000

On 06/20/2005 01:42:14 AM, Parker, Matthew wrote:
> You can't be too hard on him and I think banning him for a month is uncalled for.
> The promo is actually for sending in your copyright page from a current book you own
> in trade for a new apress book for $10 and you are limited to 1 book. Sort of like the
> competetive upgrade rebates from software companies. I don't think either of you read
> the promo well. If you want 1 book it is a good deal.

I agree. I spoke with another friend of mine who knows him personally and he also told me to back off. I thought that the guy was a spammer and I overreacted. I apologize for that. To my defense, it was a misleading information of a commercial nature, similar to what you can sometimes find in spam. As for my attitude toward spammers, I really think that spammers should be ranked with Al Quaida and treated accordingly. Guantanamo is the right place for spammers, if you ask me.

--
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA