RE: Weekend Crunch Help - Freelist Groups

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 07:59:30 -0500

Thanks, I created a 128K LMT and things worked, however, there are still a ton of objects with a 2GB initial extent so I had to resort to getting the DDL using DDLWizard since I just wanted the objects in a small DB, this was an export with no rows.

From: Christian Antognini [mailto:Christian.Antognini_at_trivadis.com] Sent: Sunday, June 19, 2005 3:36 AM
To: Post, Ethan
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: Weekend Crunch Help - Freelist Groups

Ethan

>ORA-03237: Initial Extent of specified size cannot be allocated in
tablespace

>Running import from a 9.2.0.4 dump file into a 9.2.0.4 database with a
8k block size. Keep getting
>this error because freelist groups is set to 10 in the import file. If
I take a copy of the
>statement and lower the FLG to 4 it works. It is going into a LMT with
a 64K extent size, it is
>trying to make a 128K object, however I thought it should just ignore
the storage on the import
>file (at least the extent size), how does FLG effect this?

The freelist group blocks have to be allocated just after the segment header block in the *first* extent. Since in your case the extents have only 8 blocks, you cannot specify 10 freelists groups. You should either change the size of the extents or lower the number of freelist groups.

HTH
Chris

PS: If I don't reply to further posts on this or others threads, it's simple because I'll spend the next 5 weeks traveling in Scandinavia :-)