RE: backups to disk

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 15:18:19 -0400

Re: backups to diskWe store just one day's backups, all DB's, and keep the tapes for 2 weeks. Then we recycle the tapes. Our application wouldn't permit us to recover back further than a few days so 2 weeks is more than enough for us. We used to keep then for only 7 days, but one time during out yearly upgrade to accommodate legislative changes, we encountered a problem which almost was 'fatal' so I changed the policy to keep 14 days worth. It takes about an hour to make the tape and a bit longer to restore the files.

HTH,
Ruth