Re: System Statistics and the CBO

From: John Smiley <jrsmiley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 10:57:57 -0600

Mladen,

She was asking why the CBO chose a different index with system stats than without. By comparing the traces from each case, she will find the answer. A 10053 trace is a dump of the decision tree used by the CBO to arrive at an execution plan. It is an outstanding tool in gaining a better understanding of CBO behaviour.

Patty,

If you'll also provide the output from autotrace with statistics from each case, that will provide valuable information as well. In fact, a 10046 level 12 trace for each case would be even better, but may be too large to send to the group. Feel free to send them directly to me if you like.

John Smiley
Technical Management Consultant
TUSC, Inc