Re: OT moment of doubt

From: Peter McLarty <peter.mclarty_at_pameacs.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:51:31 +1000

I know the feeling I did my moment when I was using the root account (hey I was sysadmin as well) and did the following cd $DIR
rm -rf

only problem was $DIR wasn't a populated variable

I developed a lot of admiration for Unix that day. I never knew it before then that it could still run albeit a bit crippled for most of a day with a bunch of files missing.

Cheer