RE: OT moment of doubt

From: <Paula_Stankus_at_doh.state.fl.us>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:31:47 -0400

Hey Bambi!

How are you doing?=20

-----Original Message-----
From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Nuno Souto Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 9:31 PM
To: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org
Subject: RE: OT moment of doubt

Quoting "Bellows, Bambi" <bbellows_at_usg.com>:

> But, remember the old saying "life as a DBA is 98% boredom=20
> interspersed with 2% sheer panic", well, that moment is just part of=20
> the 2% of your job that is worthwhile. =3D20

Yeah. I used to play a trick on the trainee dbas at my previous job. Ask them to get rid of "those old database files there", then sit next to them and watch the proceedings. One second after they hit the return key on the "rm", I'd shout in with "Oh shewt!".

Guaranteed I'd be peeling them off the ceiling... <g,d&r>

Cheers
Nuno Souto
from hazy Sydney

BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS