RE: OT moment of doubt

From: Bellows, Bambi <bbellows_at_usg.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 14:58:19 -0500

I had that yesterday. We're runnin gon a system with, like, *No* diskspace, and so I monitor log file directory like a vulture waiting for the body to stop twitching... Well, no, I have to wait a week, but you get the picture... But with me it's a find . -mtime +7 -exec rm {} \; omg, am I in the right directory?; am I on the right machine?; are there any subdirectories?

I call that "why don't I just take up Zen?" moment.

But, remember the old saying "life as a DBA is 98% boredom interspersed with 2% sheer panic", well, that moment is just part of the 2% of your job that is worthwhile. =20

HTH,
Bambi.