xsi.output oradb - missing doctype

From: Michael Moore <michaeljmoore_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:47:10 -0700

I am a first time poster to this list. I work as a PL/SQL developer for a company called Quinstreet in Foster City. We can see the Oracle buildings to the south from our 8th floor balcony. I've been working with computers for around 30 years.
My name is Michael Moore, but I am in no way related to THE Michael Moore. (It was my name first.)
Enough introductory banter, here is the question.   I am using the oradb servlet to generate an html document.  This is the URI
http://michael-vaio:8080/oradb/MM/DEPT_XML?contenttype=text/html&rowsettag=ROWSET&transform=/home/MM/poSource/xsl/nothing.xsl  as you can see, I am trying to apply a transform.  XSLT is supposed to produce a DOCTYPE tag with the following statement ...  <xsl:output method="xml" doctype-system="../dtds/docbookx.dtd" doctype-public="-//OASIS//DTD DocBook XML//EN"/>  In other words I have the above statement at the appropriate place in my stylesheet.
 Bottom line is that I can not get a stylesheet to produce a DOCTYPE statement in the target document, using any of the Oracle methods for applying a stylesheet.
  Regards,
Mike