Re: automating session killing and thread

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 09:08:32 -0700

On 6/9/05, Paul Drake <bdbafh_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Idle-timeout in the user's profile only "SNIPE"s a session, it doesn't
> kill=
> it.
> The user is notified that the session was killed after they attempt to
> make another call. If the user does not make another call in that
> session, the session does not get killed, hence another method is
> required to perform garbage collection.

This does give you the opportunity to kill these sessions.

I used a perl script at a previous employer for just that purpose.

All sniped sessions were killed automagically via 'kill -9', and then 'alter system kill' for good measure if per chance the 'kill -9' left some remnants.

Re the 'kill -9': if you want to know why 'kill -9', there has been a lot of discussion on it in the past, just check the archives.

--
Jared Still