Re: server shutdonw from remote

From: Sunil Bhola <oraclebhola_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 06:12:09 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Onkar,

I would like to refer you a link, please check this link. Hope that will help you :-)

http://www.psoug.org/reference/sys_context.html Regards,

Sunil Bhola
Onkar N Tiwary <onkarnath.tiwary_at_gmail.com> wrote: hi oracle gurus,
We have got one dramatic situation where one of our remote dba shutdown the database, which was not supposed to be done. Now I have been asked to stop these sort of situation in future. I know in this situation I need to use trigger(on database before shutdown) but the problem is I dont know how to check the machine name from within the trigger from where the shutdown command has been invoked...
Any suggestion???????
--

Thanks & Regards,
T. Onkar Nath