Specifying default tablespaces for indexes

From: John Dunn <jdunn_at_sefas.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 08:57:28 +0100

When I create a user is it possible to specify a default tablespace for indexes that is different from the default tablespace for tables?. Or can I only specify a different tablespace for indexes when I create the index?

This is Oracle 9.2

John

John Dunn
Product Consultant
Sefas Innovation Limited
Direct Dial + 44 (0) 117 915 4267
www.sefas.com

PLEASE NOTE SEFAS INNOVATION ARE MOVING THURSDAY 23rd JUNE 2005 TO: Sefas Innovation Ltd, CityPoint, Temple Gate, Bristol BS1 6PL, UK. Tel: +44(0) 117 373 6114
Fax: +44 (0) 117 373 6115
NEW DIRECT DIAL: +44 (0) 117 373 6122