Re: Database in depth, by C.J. Date

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 04:16:47 +0000

On 06/14/2005 11:53:02 PM, Mark Bole wrote:
> This must be the first time in decades that I have seen the word "lemma"=20
> used in what one might call "ordinary" conversation... ;-)

>=20

> Congratulations!

>=20

Conversations on this list are anything but ordinary. Here is another word = that
you might like, if your taste is perverted the same way as mine: "corollary= ".
You may also enjoy dirty words like "theorem", "proof", "Q.E.D" phrases lik= e=20
"if and only if", "Cauchy sequence" and similar. From your liking of the wo= rd "lemma",=20
I conclude that your college major wasn't in liberal arts. Thanks for your support!
--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA