Re: Database in depth, by C.J. Date

From: stephen booth <stephenbooth.uk_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:59:57 +0100

On 14/06/05, Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I'll swap you the designers who worry about the form of their database
> model/design for ours that have none at all.=20
> =20
> todays special.=20
> =20

We have one system (a kind of document management system) where to find out the name, job title and department of the people who have worked on a document requires joins accross 7 tables and a call to an external procedure that handles lookups on an LDAP v3 directory.=20 Although, this could be deliberate obfuscation on their part as the tables are all named CAT followed by a 6 digit number.

Stephen

--=20