Re: DB Link timeout

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 22:42:56 +0800

I'd say 80% of the developers at my side do not know that they should be closing DB Links.
When they start hitting max open links in their procedures {yes, we have database links
in a Star Architecture, one Corporate DB connecting to 5 to 7 Manufacturing DBs}
I have to tell them how they should be closing database links, committing transactions,
handling outages in any of the remote databases, nudge them to using Materialized Views
rather than hitting the remote database everytime a user wants to run a query etc

Hemant
At 07:26 PM Tuesday, rjamya wrote:
>Being a good developer that we all are, we shuld close the db link using
>dbms_session.close_database_link().
>Raj
>
>On 6/13/05, Dennis Williams <oracledba.williams_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > List
> > > If a user logs into database A and executes a query against database B
> > > over a database link, then signs out, will database B show an active
> > > session for some period of time afterward? Your thoughts appreciated.
> > >

>--
>http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l

Hemant K Chitale
http://web.singnet.com.sg/~hkchital