Re: COunt problem

From: Giovanni Cuccu <giovanni.cuccu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 14:02:49 +0200

Hi,

   if you want try to avoid the cartesian join you could write a query like the following one:

Connected as test

SQL> create table emp as select * from all_objects where rownum<=3D1234;

Table created

SQL> create table emp_dis as select * from all_objects where rownum<=3D5678= ;

Table created

SQL> select sum(emp_n),sum(emp_dis_n) from (
  2  select decode(t,1,num,0) emp_n,decode(t,2,num,0) emp_dis_n
  3   from (select 1 t,count(*)num from emp
  4   union select 2 t, count(*) num from emp_dis))
  5 ;

SUM(EMP_N) SUM(EMP_DIS_N)
---------- --------------

      1234 5678

Giovanni

On 6/14/05, Kean Jacinta <jacintakean_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi ,

>=20

> I am trying to do a count on 2 table at the same time.
>=20

> select count(a.idcode), count(b.idcode)
> from emp a, emp_dis b
>=20

> The result return are not corrent. Both idcode
> datatype is number.
>=20

> Actual table count for emp : 15
> Actual table count for emp_dis :25
>=20

> Thank You
> JK
>=20
>=20
>=20

> Yahoo! Mail
>=20

>=20

--=20

Another free oracle resource profiler
http://sourceforge.net/projects/oraresprof/ New version 0.8 with many bug fixes
and warnings on file truncated, timed_statistics=3Dfalse, incorrect tracing deactivation and more