Re: How to trace a session in MTS (8iR3)

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:35:06 +0000

On 06/13/2005 08:14:49 PM, Luis Fernando Cerri wrote:
> Hello, fellows!

This greeting is, I presume, meant for the ladies as well?

> Taking a session-to-processes look, I noticed that the same session (SID)
> has different SPID in v$processes during its lifecycle. So, when people c=
all
> me saying that a reporting is longing more than 10 times the usual time, =
how
> do I trace that specific session in MTS?

You should use dbms_monitor.session_trace_enable to turn on tracing in the desired session and then combine traces with trcsess session=3D<sid> ou= tput=3Djigsaw.trc.
Once you combine the traces, you can use tkprof on the resulting file. If y= our
database version is < 10, you have a problem.

--=20
Mladen Gogala
Oracle DBA