Re: Fwd: How to shutdown 9i?

From: Carel-Jan Engel <cjpengel.dbalert_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 01:49:54 +0200

Hi Chris,
Are backups scheduled? Will the server be booted before or after the backup? How much data-loss is allowed? Do you have all archives available on tape/another system? Just in case the reboot doesn't help and the server won't start nor allows 'shell' access after the init 0/init 6. You will probably get access to the disks after a while, but is that fast enough?

Best regards, Carel-Jan Engel

On Tue, 2005-06-14 at 01:21, Chris Hoover wrote:

> [...]

===
If you think education is expensive, try ignorance. (Derek Bok) ===

DBA!ert, Independent Oracle consultancy Kastanjelaan 61C
2743 BX Waddinxveen
The Netherlands
tel. +31 (0) 182 64 04 28
fax +31 (0) 182 64 04 29