Re: How to shutdown 9i?

From: Daniel Fink <dan.fink_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:32:21 -0600

IF the shutdown scripts are called, it should go down clean. If they are not called, it is not quite the same as a shutdown abort, it is more like a system crash.
To be safe, shut down the application a few minutes before you shut down the server. Make sure that all sessions are terminated and no data changes are influx. When you restart the server, verify that the database comes up clean before you attempt to startup the application servers.

Regards,
Dan Fink