v$sql_plan shows different exection plan

From: david hill <david.hill_at_lechateau.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 09:47:22 -0400

I have a strange little problem this morning It's a simple little query being executed by our JDE application, er Peoplesoft, er Oracle=20

SELECT * FROM CRPDTA.F0901 WHERE ( GMMCU =3D :KEY1 AND GMOBJ =3D :KEY2 AND GMSUB =3D :KEY3 ) And the table has an index on GMMCU, GMSUB, GMOBJ

Now when I pull the execution plan from v$sql_plan I see that it is doing a full table scan of this table

but when I execute the query with autotrace on, or use explain plan for, Everything looks good the query uses the index,=20

I've refreshed the stats, checked for stored outlines, there are none, and bounced the db, and I always get the same result.

The application does a Full table scan and in sqlplus and index,=20 when running the test I do keep the bind variables.

Anyone have any ideas on this one??

Thanks
David Hill

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately notify us and delete your copy. Thank you.

AVIS DE CONFIDENTIALIT=C9
Les informations contenues aux pr=E9sentes sont de nature privil=E9gi=E9e et confidentielle. Elles ne peuvent =EAtre utilis=E9es que par la personne ou l'entit=E9 dont le nom para=EEt comme destinataire. Si le lecteur du pr=E9s= ent
message n'est pas le destinataire pr=E9vu, il est par les pr=E9sentes pri= =E9 de
noter qu'il est strictement interdit de divulguer, de distribuer ou de copier ce message. Si ce message vous a =E9t=E9 transmis par m=E9garde, veu= illez
nous en aviser imm=E9diatement et supprimer votre copie. Merci.