Re: databases per dba

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 08:57:15 -0400

We have 17 and it's just me. I work in a large organization where capital expenditure is usually not a problem. Harder to hire a person than buy a new server. Hence there is usually one server per database. Apps that are stable and have no development, I might log into the database once every six months. So there is really only a few databases that take up all my time. It seems like the more development/ever changing volumes there is on a database, the more it takes up my time. A static database requires very little maintenance.