GTT & library cache pin

From: Barr, Stephen <Stephen.Barr_at_BSkyB.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 10:50:53 +0100

I'm getting very large waits for library cache pin when trying to create a GTT from within a PL/SQL procedure -

DW_STATS@>CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE TEST2 on commit preserve rows as select * from user_objects where 1=0;

Table created.

Elapsed: 00:00:00.29

create or replace procedure test

as

begin

    execute immediate ('CREATE GLOBAL TEMPORARY TABLE TEST on commit preserve rows as select * from user_objects where 1=0');

end test;

/

>exec test;

.

.

.

.

PERF_TEST@>select event, seconds_in_wait

  2 from v$session

  3 where username = 'DW_STATS'

  4 /

EVENT
SECONDS_IN_WAIT

library cache pin
39

Elapsed: 00:00:00.04

Any ideas?

Information in this email may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit, use or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks.