Re: oradebug dump processstate 10

From: Egor Starostin <egorst_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 09:50:46 +0700

> I think it will be much easier to check the v$access view and find who
> is accessing the object ...

I think it will be much harder (at least to Oracle instance). Here's the test case:
***
exec runstats_pkg.rs_start;
alter session set events 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level 2'; exec runstats_pkg.rs_middle;
select sid from v$access where object=3D'OBJ$'; exec runstats_pkg.rs_stop;
***

And here's the extract from results:
***
[skipped]

Run1 ran in 7 hsecs         =20
Run2 ran in 6062 hsecs      =20

run 1 ran in .12% of the time
[skipped]
Run1 latches total versus runs -- difference and pct
Run1        Run2        Diff       Pct
7,067   2,301,590   2,294,523       .31%
***

To me, v$access is only usable on idle instances.

--=20
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/
Free Oracle Session Resource Profiler