RE: Trigger not firing!!!!!!!!!!(URGENT)

From: Powell, Mark D <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 16:39:11 -0400

The ORA_CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS event attribute function produced null while syscontext provided the IP address. Just copy and paste provided SQL into SQLPlus to verify results on your version. Since my code is not in an event trigger it would make sense that ora_client_ip_address produced null based on your reference. Unfortunately, I believe that is what it was doing in the first post on the thread where the variable was invoked in a logon trigger. It could be a bug or have something to do with the code in the first post, but I do not have time to go back and try to figure it out. I would just use proven methods.

A few of the event attributes seem to be available all the time UT1 > l
  1 select
  2 ora_database_name,
  3 nvl(ora_client_ip_address,'NULL'),   4 ora_instance_num,
  5 ora_login_user
  6* from sys.dual

ORA_DATABASE_NAME

NVL(ORA_CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS,'NULL')

ORA_INSTANCE_NUM

ORA_LOGIN_USER

UT
NULL
               1
MPOWEL01 Just adding to the heap of information you are now expected to remember.
-- Mark D Powel --

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Powell, Mark D Sent: Thursday, June 09, 2005 3:07 PM
To: Oracle-L (E-mail)

The initial post was about the fact the event trigger public variables like ORA_CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS were not producing results.

Test on 9.2.0.6
UT1 > select ORA_CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS, sys_context('USERENV','IP_ADDRESS') ip_addr
  2 from sys.dual
  3 /

ORA_CLIENT_IP_ADDRESS

IP_ADDR

xxx.103.x.141

While some of the event variables can be used in a select from dual and always seem to be populated others are populated only after certain events take place so where a sys_context or v$session.column exists I think it may be, at present, a better choice.

IMHO -- Mark D Powell --

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu Jun 09 2005 - 16:45:19 CDT