Re: oradebug dump processstate 10

From: Dimitar Radoulov <cichomitiko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 20:04:23 +0200

I think it will be much easier to check the v$access view and find who is accessing the object ...

<quote>
This view displays objects in the database that are currently locked and the sessions that are accessing them.

Column Datatype Description =20
SID=20
 NUMBER=20
 Session number that is accessing an object=20 =20
OWNER=20
 VARCHAR2(64)=20
 Owner of the object=20
=20
OBJECT=20
 VARCHAR2(1000)=20
 Name of the object=20
=20
TYPE=20
 VARCHAR2(24)=20
 Type identifier for the object=20

Support and Historical Notes for "V$ACCESS"   View Definition:
    Use the following SQL to see the view definition of the related GV$ vie= w:

      SELECT view_definition FROM v$fixed_view_definition
       WHERE view_name=3D'GV$ACCESS';

  Useful Join Columns:
    SID - Join to <View:V$SESSION> . SID </quote>

HTH Dimitre

On 6/9/05, Muqthar Ahmed <Muqthar.Ahmed_at_decoratetoday.com> wrote:
> Thanks Egor....I am reading Metalink Note:215858.1

>=20

> Muqthar
>=20

database. When I try to re-compile it I get the following error:
> > ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object GET_UTL_DIR
> >
> > I have verified in v$lock but no user is locking.
> Such locks (when someone is executing function and you are trying to
> recompile it) are not displayed in v$lock.
> > Therefore, I have used oradebug command to get more info:
> I'd say that 'oradebug dump processstate 10'' is some kind of overkill
> in such situation.
> You can easily find locker (not only for your case but for every
> locking situation) issuing either "oradebug hanganalyze 2" or just
> "alter session set events 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level
> 2';". You will quickly get easily readable and small trace file with
> tree(s) of blockers/waiters.
>=20

> Read Metalink Note:215858.1 (Interpreting HANGANALYZE trace files to
> diagnose hanging and performance problems) for further info about
> hanganalyze event.
>=20

> --
> Egor
> http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/
> Free Oracle Session Resource Profiler
>=20

>=20
> The information contained in this E-mail message is privileged, confident=
ial, and may be protected from disclosure; please be aware that any other u= se, printing, copying, disclosure or dissemination
> of this communication may be subject to legal restriction or sanction. If=
 you think that you have received this E-mail message in error, please repl= y to the sender and delete it from your computer. T