Re: oradebug dump processstate 10

From: Egor Starostin <egorst_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:18:40 +0700

> I have a function called GET_UTL_DIR and currently it is locked in the da=
tabase. When I try to re-compile it I get the following error:
> ORA-04021: timeout occurred while waiting to lock object GET_UTL_DIR
>=20
> I have verified in v$lock but no user is locking.
Such locks (when someone is executing function and you are trying to recompile it) are not displayed in v$lock.
> Therefore, I have used oradebug command to get more info:
I'd say that 'oradebug dump processstate 10'' is some kind of overkill in such situation.
You can easily find locker (not only for your case but for every locking situation) issuing either "oradebug hanganalyze 2" or just=20 "alter session set events 'immediate trace name hanganalyze level 2';". You will quickly get easily readable and small trace file with tree(s) of blockers/waiters.

Read Metalink Note:215858.1 (Interpreting HANGANALYZE trace files to diagnose hanging and performance problems) for further info about hanganalyze event.

--=20
Egor
http://www.oracledba.ru/orasrp/
Free Oracle Session Resource Profiler