Re: Storage EMC

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:57:49 -0700

RAID 0+1 is more fault tolerant than RAID 1+0. RAID 5 may be perfectly acceptable for part of the system, dependent on what your database may be doing.

My advice would be to start tracking the IO in your database if you are not doing so already, and look for peak IO.

You need to consider growth of space and IO to be able to forecast how to configure the SAN to last three years.

If you do not already have some metrics for growth, it will be difficult to make a forecast.

Oh wait, your EMC sales rep will be able to do that for you. ;)

--
Jared Still