Re: Password for sys, system account - Uncooperative client

From: Greg Norris <spikey.mcmarbles_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:45:56 -0500

IIRC, this gives you access to SYS.LINK$ (among others). This allows you to see the plain-text passwords used by fixed-user dblinks, if any are present.

On 6/9/05, John P Weatherman <asahoshi_at_infionline.net> wrote:
> Ron,

>=20
> I read the article and see where it says not to grant it, but I do not se=

e anything about it "subverting" anything.  Rather it seems to be a concern=
 that this may be more privilege than is needed and so violates the "least =
privilege principle".   I wouldn't want to generally grant this or any "ANY=
" privilege, but I still do not see a specific risk to granting admins/cons=
ultant admins this level of view privilege.  Are you able to use this to 1)=
 see actual company data and not just the dictionary views or 2) update any=
thing? If not, what is the specific concern? What am I missing? >=20
> Thanks!

--=20
"I'm too sexy for my code." - Awk Sed Fred.