RAC - database single point of failure

From: <geraldine_2_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 00:00:48 +0000

We are planning on implementing RAC in the near future and I'm interested on how others handle database single point of failure.

To provide continuous operation even when the database suffers a catastrophy, it appears that I probably have to implement Oracle Stream or duplex my storage via real time synchronization??

How about the Voting Disk and CRS files? I believe those files have to be replicated some how to prevent single point of failure too?

Thanks for any insight.

Geraldine