Re: Where are these table stats coming from?

From: Wolfgang Breitling <breitliw_at_centrexcc.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 11:50:04 -0600

Barbara,

AVG_ROW_LEN = 100 is the default. BLOCKS is gotten out of the segment header for the table and this is accurate, and I suppose gathering index statistics requires the number of rows in the table - it is after all one of the index statistics - so it seems that "compute statistics" on index builds and rebuilds updates the table stats while it's at it. In that it behaves consistent with gathering histograms using dbms_stats. It too update the num_rows table statistics (and perhaps blocks, I haven't checked that).
What's left to verify is if it will override existing table statistics.

--
Regards

Wolfgang Breitling
Centrex Consulting Corporation