RE: Slow Database Shutdown Time

From: Marquez, Chris <cmarquez_at_collegeboard.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 10:37:46 -0400

Sorry Mark...good question;
Oracle 9203
AIX 5.3
Other DBA's claim that the same app running on; Oracle 9203
RH Linux 3
shuts down fast *every* time!?

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Marquez, Chris Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 10:19 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Slow Database Shutdown Time

I convinced that my slow "shutdown" time is directly related to the number of connected or live connections (ACTIVE *or* INACTIVE) to the database at the time of shutdown.
I can see the correlation to when it "high water mark" is HIGH it takes a long time to shutdown, but when the "high water mark" is LOW, shutdown is quick. In any Oracle database disconnecting hundreds a valid connections takes time...I know this is rather normal.

Anyone know of any other Oracle (network) method or parameter to disconnect sessions faster?

Thanks,

Chris Marquez
Oracle DBA

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 10:44:37 CDT