Re: LMT Autoallocate initial, tot # of extents

From: Barbara Baker <barb.baker_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 08:02:14 -0600

Niall:
When I said I agonized over autoallocate vs uniform, I really meant agnoized. I waffled back-and-forth for several weeks, reviewing the discussions on this list, and essentially not getting anywhere. I have thousands of objects to move from DMT to LMT. In the final analysis (and I know this is a severe cop-out), I decided that I just don't need the grief! The application that sits on top of this database is a heap o' crap, so it just didn't seen to matter that much. Nearly impossible to tell how objects are going to grow/shrink.   So I decided to quit waffling and just do something.

For the record, I continued experimenting with this table. When I asked for an initial of 256m, I got an initial of 8192k, total 198 extents

When I asked for an initial of 2048m, I got an initial 64m, total 142 exten= ts

At least I'm not still stuck with an initial of 1024k ;-))