Advanced Queue ordering?

From: Steve Rospo <srospo_at_vallent.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 15:31:22 -0700 (PDT)

I'm helping out a colleague here with some strange AQ behaviour. We create a queue with a sort_list of 'ENQ_TIME,PRIORITY'. What we're seeing is that if we have two concurrent sessions enqueuing to the same queue with the PRIORITY value coming from a sequence.

The enqueue timeline looks like:

Session 1: Session 2:

Enqueue priority 10
Enqueue priority 11
Enqueue priority 12
COMMIT

			Enqueue priority 13
			Enqueue priority 14
			Enqueue priority 15
			COMMIT

We do both of these quick succession such that the ENQ_TIME is the same for both of the sessions. After the two sessions run, we dequeue from the queue using a single session and the messages come out like this:

Priority 10
Priority 13
Priority 11
Priority 14
Priority 12
Priority 15

We've tried to use the navigation of FIRST_MESSAGE and NEXT_MESSAGE and the behavior doesn't change. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

--

Stephen Rospo Principal Software Architect Vallent Corporation (formerly Watchmark-Comnitel) Stephen.Rospo_at_vallent.com (425)564-8145

This email may contain confidential information. If you received this in error, please notify the sender immediately by return email and delete this message and any attachments. Thank you.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue Jun 07 2005 - 18:38:56 CDT