Re: /usr/ucb/ps in hp unix

From: arun chakrapani rao <arunrao_oradba_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:53:17 +0100 (BST)

I tried glance
but how do we put this into a flat file or output so that i can used it to link to the database If you have any information on this please let me know thanks for the info
Arun
This is how i am doing on the sun and linux boxes this fires only when there is a high cpu utilization.

for p in `/usr/ucb/ps auxw|head -10|awk '{print $2":"$3}'|grep -v PID`
do
r=`echo $p|cut -d: -f1`
c=`echo $p|cut -d: -f2`
sqlplus -s / << EOF
set heading off;
set line 1000
select 'SPID '||b.spid||' with userid '||a.sid||' is running '||c.event||' his usr,os,m/c,addr,prg is '|| a.username||' '||a.
machine||' '||a.osuser||' '||a.SQL_ADDRESS||' '||a.program||' CPU= $c '
"USR_M/C_OSUSR_SQLADDR_PROG_CPU" from v\$session a,v \$process b, v\$session_wait c where a.PADDR=b.addr and a.sid=c.sid and b.spid=$r;
exit;
EOF
done

Too much spam in your inbox? Yahoo! Mail gives you the best spam protection for FREE! http://in.mail.yahoo.com