Re: ** import tuning

From: Michael McMullen <ganstadba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:56:07 -0400

The export method has no bearing on the import. I never have had to mess with recordlength.
For imports I use
buffer=100000 commit=y indexes=n analyze=n After, I run the indexes in parallel and then analyze using dbms_stats in parallel.
Don't know if you're importing clobs,longs,blobs etc. Seem to remember that with longs using buffer and commit inserts one row at a time. though this was a long time ago